Thursday, October 13, 2016

Make a Shabby Chic Brooch

 
 
Hello dear crafters and brooch makers!
 
Today I want to share an extremely lovely and easy DIY for a textile brooch. I have made a couple of these textile brooches for my newest collection, which has been ready for quite a long time now, and I wanted to share this with you so you could also create something beautiful for yourself and someone you love. For these make the perfect gifts!
 
Supplies come from your trinket boxes and that's the beauty of this - you can use scraps of fabric and ribbon too.
 
Basically you need a couple of different fabrics in texture. For this brooch I used an elastic lace piece, an irregularly cut off rectangular piece of organza, a fabric rosette, three pearly beads and metal findings. I mustn't forget the white (transparent) ribbon. I wanted to add the pink ribbons also included in the picture as well but discarded them afterwards, and that is why you don't see them on the brooch. Mystery solved; let's resume :)
 
The rosette was already made. As for the dangling rose, I folded the organza in half and then folded / stacked it up. When it was all gathered together I sew the lower part in place and then capped it with a filigree cap.
 
On the fixed part of the brooch pin (and this is important to mind the fixed and non - fixed part of the pin) - first place the ribbon and the lace piece over it.





Secure them both by sewing them near the brooch pin, as closely as you can. Sew the rosette on the upper left corner.

Sew / attach the beads under / on the bottom of the rosette.
 
Add (sew / attach with a jump ring) the capped flower and you are done!
 
 
 
 
 Hope you make it and love it!
 

 

14 comments:

Divya N said...

Oh thats such a free spirited and a fun brooch :)

myrica said...

Very nice.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Divya!I love adding a shabby feel to my jewelry!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Myrica!

marjol said...

Thank you I am making this beautiful brooch & use it on my crochet shawl, love all your work.

Atelier Marie-Lucienne said...

Oooh, this is such an adorable brooch! I'm off to my studio this instand to sift through the shelves!. When I'm lucky I should be able to make a brooch too...
Thank you for sharing the idea!
Marjan

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

The brooch is really cute; you're right it would make a great gift!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Marjol! Putting a brooch like this on a crochet shawl would add just the right dose of cuteness and attractiveness :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Marjan! I hope you do and I would love to see it!

Maya Kuzman said...

Glad you like it Carol!

Alhana said...

How interesting, I use similar pins to hold on my stitches while knitting. Your creativity never ceases to amaze me, what a beautiful brooch you created from them!

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful! Pinned and hopefully will be able to make one! Love it.

A Crafty Mix said...

That's so pretty Maya. So delicate and lady like

Unknown said...

What a neat idea! :)

I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!