Friday, May 19, 2017

A Tribal Mix - Crochet Tube Necklaces


 
 
 
Happy Friday all!
I have some exciting news to share today - we are preparing tribal mix kits that will include amazing variegated and solid colored cotton yarn and our tube necklaces pattern.  Tribal mix is the working title for the time being, because when I posted the tubes for the first time back in 2011 I said the inspiration came from the tribal necklaces African women wear.
 
I am immensely satisfied the way the color work goes and gets this look using a simple stitch. Ant the cotton is also perfect for this project, so this is a match made in heaven.
What do you think? What is your experience with variegated yarn? Also, what kind of projects use it for?
 
If you are new to the blog here's how the tubes progressed here, here and here.
 

 
 
 
 

11 comments:

A Crafty Mix said...

Those necklaces are all the rage right now in South Africa and I absolutely love them. All the ladies here layer them with so many bright colors. Love your version Maya

Maya Kuzman said...

So glad to hear that Michelle! We hope to also make them in as many attractive palettes :)

Anonymous said...

Love them with that variegated yarn! So cheerful to combine.
I bet this will be the new hype :-)
Have a very lovely weekend,
Sigrid

Sum of their Stories said...

What a beautiful necklace, I love the colour mix

Divya N said...

A great take on the African necklaces for summer. As a variation you can even sew 2 tubes together before finishing them and add a closure with a singular loop - knot in the end

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Sigrid. I don't think these designs will ever go out of fashion :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Julie!

Maya Kuzman said...

I've done that and I didn't like it.

Cream Linen said...

Lovely ,oroginal necklaces!!! I wish you good luck with the tribal mix kits. Have a nice week. Tina x

Atelier Marie-Lucienne said...

Haven't seen anything alike here yet! Great idea though!

Lucy Blossom said...

They look brilliant